To apply Passport for children whose father/mother is out of India, the parent should attest an Affidavit from Indian Embassy/Consulate authorizing his wife or next kin to apply Passport for his children.
To make an affidavit, spouse name must be endorsed on applicant’s Passport.
Required Document for Affidavit:
1. Typed Miscellaneous Affidavit Form. Form to be filled in two copies for each child.
2. Birth Certificate Copy of Child/children.
3. Passport Copies of Applicant and Wife (incase wife doesn’t have a passport, Marriage Certificate will be accepted).
4. Original Passport of Applicant to be shown at Consulate.
Affidavit to be attested from Indian Consulate at Karama, and it can be collected at same time.
• Consulate Timing: Sunday to Thursday 8am to 12noon (submission)