How can I change my name in Indian Passport? Where should I start to change my name in Indian Passport?
To change name in Passport, the following procedures to be completed:
1. Application in EAP-I form. All particulars other than name and signature in the application should tally with those in the present passport.
2. Present passport with additional booklets, if any, in original and photocopy of pages 1, 2, last two pages and page containing valid visa.
3. Sworn Affidavit, in the prescribed format, signed by applicant in the presence of Consular Officer for change of name.
4. Paper cuttings, in original, of two leading daily newspapers, notifying the change of name. One daily newspaper should be of the area of applicant’s permanent address in India and another daily newspaper of the area of applicant’s present address. Format of newspaper notification is given below:-
I, ____________son/daughter of_______________, holder of Indian Passport No__________, issued at _____________on _______________, permanent resident of ________ (full postal address in India to be given) and presently residing at _____(full postal address in UAE to be given) do here by change by name from __________________ to _________________, with immediate effect.
Newspaper Ad: Above matter of newspaper Ad should be attested from Indian Consulate Attestation Centre (IVS Global) to publish in UAE based newspaper.
5. If the validity of the present passport expired more than 6 months ago, Sworn Affidavit for late submission, signed by applicant in the presence of Consular Officer.
6. Personal Particulars Form in the case of passports issued by other PIAs (Passport Issuing Authorities).
7. Presence of applicant while submitting application is compulsory to establish identity.
Abu Dhabi (5 working day) / Dubai issued Passport (5 working days)
Passport issued by other PIAs (Passport Issuing Authorities) – 40 days
Passport under Tatkal scheme – on the third working day
Normal fee for adult: Dh341 (36 pages ppt booklet) Including all fees
Minors up to 18 years of age – Dh100
Extra fee for Tatkal Service (Urgent): Dh550
Q: Can I change my name in the passport at the time of renewal?
A: Yes, you can. Please follow the above procedures
To prepare your Passport applications; Call
Bur Dubai: 04-358 6215
Hor Al Anz: (Deira): 04-265 8373, 050-744 7833, 050-715 0562
Sworn Affidavit can be made from the following Centers:
Indian Consulate Attestation Centre, Dubai
IVS Global Services Private Limited, Unit 201-201, 2nd floor, Business Atrium Building, Opposite Al Nasr Club, Oud Metha, Dubai, Near Prime Supermarket, next to big parking area, Tel: +971 4 357 9585
Nearest Metro Station: Oud Metha (Green Line)
Timing: 8 am to 3.30pm Sunday to Thursday
Indian Embassy Attestation Centre, Abu Dhabi: IVS Global Services Centre, Office No. 201, Second Floor, Sector E-25, Plot C-37, Al Nahyan Camp, off Muroor Road. The centre is located in the building next to the UAE Red Crescent Office. Timing: 8:30am to 3:30pm Sunday to Thursday. Tel: +971 56 332 9792
Passport Application Centers
Timing: Saturday to Thursday 8am to 12 Noon – 1pm to 6:30pm
BLS International Call center: 04-255 5530
• BLS International, Shop No# 13, Ground Floor, Zeenah Building, Same Building Of Budget Rent A Car, Opposite to Deira City Center P3 Parking, Deira, Dubai.
• BLS International, Office No. 105, 106, First Floor, Al Khaleej Center, Opposite Al Ain Center, Mankhool Road, Bur Dubai
• BLS International, KMCC Office, 4th Floor-402, Above Tootex Textiles, Near Bus Stand, Al Sabkha Road, Deira, Dubai, Tel: 04-227 4899
BLS International, Office No. 202, 2nd floor, Port City Java building, Behind ADCB Bank, Al Nahayan Camp, Muroor Road, Abu Dhabi
BLS International, Office 146, 1st Floor, Damas Tower 14 (Burj 2000), Opp. Sharjah Central Post Office, Rolla, Sharjah.
• Consular Service available at Sharjah Indian Association, Tel: 06-561 0845.